In the year 2017, Verizon migrated to the AOL email. But if you turn to another mail client before this year, you can still gain access to your Verizon.net email address and use your Verizon account on a different email client. Outlook is definitely one of the email clients with which you can access your Verizon account. It helps users to manage numerous accounts. But you must know the correct Verizon email settings for Outlook to set your account in this client. In this article, you’ll find the correct settings so you can add or set up your Verizon account on Outlook.
What Are Verizon Email Settings for Outlook
For setting up Verizon email in Outlook, you must know the correct incoming and outgoing server settings of Verizon email. It includes the IMAP/POP3 and SMTP server settings. These settings are given below.
Incoming server settings – IMAP/POP3
The incoming settings include IMAP or POP3 server settings. You must input the settings according to your server.
IMAP server settings
You must know the correct IMAP server settings of Verizon email for your Outlook email client. They are as follows.
- The incoming mail server is IMAP.
- imap.aol.com is the name of the incoming mail server.
- The port number of the incoming mail server is 993.
- SSL is the type of encrypted connection.
POP3 server settings
If you use the POP3 server settings, you must know the correct details. They are mentioned below.
- The incoming server name is POP3.
- pop.verizon.net is the name of the incoming mail server.
- The port number of the POP3 server is 995.
- SSL is the encrypted connection type.
Outgoing server settings
The outgoing server settings are the SMTP settings. It is the same for both POP3 and IMAP protocols. The correct SMTP Verizon email settings for Outlook are as follows
- smtp.verizon.net is the name of the outgoing mail server.
- The port number of your outgoing mail server is 465.
- SSL is the encrypted connection type.
You can easily configure your Verizon account in Microsoft Outlook when you know these server settings.
Steps to Setup Verizon Email on Outlook
To configure the Verizon email account with Outlook, open the MS Outlook email client program. Now follow the steps below.
- Tap the ‘File’ tab from the top-left corner.
- Choose the ‘Info’ option. From the list of options, tap ‘Account Settings.’
- In the small wizard box that comes up, tap the ‘Email’ tab.
- Choose the ‘New’ option to open another ‘Add New Account’ wizard.
- In the window of ‘Auto Account Setup,’ add the information provided below.
- Enter your full name in the ‘Your Name’ field.
- Input the email address of your Verizon account in the ‘Email Address’ field.
- Input the password of your Verizon account in the ‘Password’ field.
- Enter the password of your Verizon account again in the ‘Retype Password’ field.
- After you input all these details, click the ‘Manual Setup or Additional Server Types’ radio button option.
- Also, tap the ‘Next’ button.
- On the page of ‘Choose Service,’ tap the radio button in front of the option of ‘Internet Email.’ Then, tap ‘Next.’
- The window of ‘Internet Email Settings’ will open.
- Input the server information according to your server protocol (POP3/IMAP). The details are mentioned in the previous section.
- In the ‘User Information’ section, input the following details.
- Input your profile name in the field of your name.
- Input your Verizon email address in the field of Email Address.
- In the ‘Logon Information’ section, enter the details as follows.
- Input your Verizon account name in the ‘User Name’ text field.
- Input your Verizon account password besides its text field.
- Checkmark the options of ‘Requires logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)’ and ‘Remember Password.’
- Tap ‘More Settings’ and you’ll be redirected to the next page.
- Here select ‘Outgoing servers tab’ and enter the following details.
- Check the option ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.’
- Hit the radio button in front of the ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’ option.
- Tap the ‘Advanced’ option and enter these port settings:
- Input 993 or 995 besides ‘The Incoming Server (IMAP).Input 465 besides ‘The Outgoing Server (SMTP).’
- Opt for SSL as the type of encrypted connection.
- Tap ‘OK.’ And go back to the initial screen to ‘Test Account Settings.’ Test the settings by pressing the ‘Next’ button.
- If the test results show that everything is fine, tap ‘Next’ and then the ‘Finish’ button. You have successfully set up Verizon email Outlook.’
By using this guide, you will have no problem configuring your Verizon email settings for Outlook. You can thus use your Verizon account on the Outlook email client. If you face any difficulties in executing these instructions, you can get help from Outlook customer services.
Read Also – Verizon Email Settings For iPhone