Connect your two mails with each other and manage both in one place.
If you use the GMX MAIL service for managing your professional and personal mail and use Outlook to keep the schedule, then maintaining both can be a little confusing. Sometimes it also happens that you miss viewing either some of your emails of GMX MAIL and to review your schedules in Outlook mail.
However, if you are not aware of one best feature in Outlook.com is that- with little changes in the mail you can access both GMX MAIL mail as well as Outlook mail in one place. You don’t need to run to both sides, because you access your GMX MAIL mail in Outlook mail. Along with GMX MAIL mails, you will be able to manage your to-do lists, jot down notes, and all the other useful features and tools at one place that is on Outlook.
GMX MAIL provides IMAP access, by using which you can easily access your email accounts in just a few steps. You just need to follow some steps and changes a few settings and you are ready to go.
What are the benefits of adding GMX MAIL mail Outlook? The most common benefit that you already know is that you can easily manage both the mails in one place. Other than this you will also get more benefits, such as – while traveling you can connect your GMX MAIL mail with Outlook so that in less time, you can get the time to review both of your mails. If you have made your travel to-do list in your Outlook mail and operating your office work from GMX MAIL, then configuring GMX MAIL in Outlook, will not only save your time but also allow you to access your to-do list as well as official emails. Through this service neither you will your official mails, nor will you lose your access from the other personal schedule, important date marked on outlook calendar, lists and so on.
There is one more benefit that- adding a new email account in Outlook only takes a few minutes and clicks. Therefore, without wasting much time, let us see how you can configure GMX MAIL in Outlook.com.
But before connecting you should about the connecting protocols. There are two protocols for connecting GMX MAIL with Outlook that is- IMAP and POP.
What are IMAP and POP?
An IMAP customer synchronizes the email on your PC with the substance of your record on the email server, while a POP downloads the inbox.
IMAP duplicates messages from the server as instead of erasing them; when you use IMAP, an email message is possibly expelled from the email server when you decide to erase it. Rather than moving messages from the server to your PC, IMAP synchronizes your PC with the email server.
With a POP account, if you download a message and move it to another folder inside your Mail Client, it is still in your webmail, set apart as new.
If you somehow managed to check your email from three distinct PCs employing IMAP, every one of the three of those PCs, and the email server, would contain the whole of your email.
In the event that you decided to erase a message from one PC, it would likewise be expelled from all the PCs and the email server.
However, most of the experts advise users to use IMAP instead of using POP. IMAP or POP is needed for receiving the mails, whereas SMTP is a protocol that is required for sending the mails.
Add GMX MAIL Email in Outlook
The below steps are for- Outlook 2016 and the same steps will be applicable in both Outlook 2013 and 2010.
- Open Outlook
- Click on File in the Outlook top menu
- In the left pane, ensure that info is selected
- Now click on Add Account
- Enter your GMX MAIL email address and then click Connect
- Now enter your GMX MAIL email password, and select Connect
- Click Done
Finally, your GMX MAIL account is now successfully added to the Outlook mail and you can download the messages in your account.
Manually Configure GMX MAIL Email Account In Outlook 2010 And 2013
You can add the GMX MAIL account manually as well, in outlook 2010 and 2013. The process will require additional steps and that you enter server details. The steps for both Outlook versions- 2010 and 2013 are similar, but still, they have some variation, therefore these changes are mentioned below.
Note: the details here are given for the GMX MAIL’s SSL email server ports, you will need to enter when manually configuring the settings for adding the GMX MAIL account in Outlook.
- For Incoming mail server (IMAP): IMAP.Gmx Mail.com
- Port: 993
- For Outgoing mail server (SMTP): SMTP.Gmx Mail.com
- Port: 465
The outgoing mail server needs authentication.
Now follow the steps to manually configure the GMX MAIL email account:
- Click File >> Info in both Outlook 2010 and 2013.
- Then select Add Account.
- Now select the radio button, present next to Manual setup or additional server type.
- Click the radio button next to POP or IMAP and then click Next.
- Now in the POP and IMAP Account Settings window, adjacent to Account Type choose IMAP from the drop-down menu.
- Now complete all the incomplete fields in the account setting with an appropriate option.
- Enter your name, email address, and enter your GMX MAIL email address as well.
- Enter you Name
- Enter your GMX MAIL email address
- Incoming mail server (IMAP): IMAP.Gmx Mail.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): SMTP.Gmx Mail.com
- For the Unser Name Field, type your GMX MAIL account name using the suffix (@Gmx Mail.com).
- Now enter your GMX MAIL account password.
- Click on More Settings.
- Click on Outgoing Server tab
- Now check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Keep the radio button marked next to the Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Select Advanced tab
- Click on the drop-down menus and select SLL for both IMAP and SMTP settings
- Next to the Incoming server (IMAP) field: enter 993
- Next to the Outgoing server (SMTP) field: enter 465
- Now click OK
- Back to the Add Account window, click Next.
- This will initiate a test of the account settings you entered.
- If you have entered everything correctly, then both will successfully get completed.
- Finally, select Close.
GMX MAIL mail has added in outlook mail, now you can enjoy the benefits, advanced features, and tools of both the mails in one place. Now no more confusion and no more accessing different mails for different works, you can access both mails for different things from a single mail.