CenturyLink is one of the prominent webmail services proffering long-distance emailing/messaging and team collaboration facilities to its users. Using such an amazing email client, you will address books, a complete list of tasks, and manage the calendar regularly and precisely. Howsoever, creating a CenturyLink Email account is very crucial if you intend to acquire all these benefits. Using a desktop email program such as Outlook in order to access your CenturyLink email account is one additional advantage. For that, you will have to configure Centurylink Email Settings For Outlook correctly and appropriately. Being a novice, it is so obvious to find difficulties while you set up the CenturyLink Email on Outlook. So, here in this blog, we will walk you through the comprehensive guide. Let’s read it out from top-to-toe and learn!
Step By Step Guide For Centurylink Email Settings For Outlook
Here’s the complete set of instructions to successfully get your Centurylink Email Settings configured on Outlook. Thus, stop wagging off if you are unable to set up your email account as the productive guidance is at your fingertips. Let’s start following the given steps without any delay
Step 1: Open Outlook
- In the very beginning step, you are suggested to launch your installed MS Outlookemail program on your computer.
- To do so, go to the Windows Desktop section and place a click on the icon of the “MS Outlook” app.
- You can even also search for the Outlook email client inside the list of “All Programs.”
Step 2: Go To The “File” Menu
- As soon as the Outlook app launches, tap the “File” option which is at the top-left corner of the screen.
- After doing so, Outlook’s file menus will open.
Step 3: Select “Account Settings”
- After opening the list of options in the “File” section, select the “Info” tab.
- Afterward, hit a click on the “Account Settings” tab.
Step 4: Navigate To the “E-mail” tab
- Once you click “Account Settings”, a small wizard box will appear on the computer screen.
- In that pane, select the “E-mail” tab at the top-left corner.
- And then, give an instant click on the “New” button which is located under the Email section.
Step 5: Check “Manually Server Settings or Additional Server Types”
- Once you click on the “New” tab, another “Add New Email Account” wizard box will pop up.
- Click on the radio button in front of the statement “Manually configure server settings or additional server types.”
- Afterward, press the “Next” button.
Step 6: Choose “Internet E-mail”
- After clicking on the Next button, you will be landed on the “Choose Service” page.
- A list of three options will display.
- Out of all the listed options, you only have to select the radio button of the “Internet E-mail” option.
- Now, again you have to press the “Next” button.
Step 7: Enter The Details Of Centurylink Email Settings For Outlook
Once you are on the “Internet E-mail Settings” page, you have to provide the complete information related to Centurylink Outlook Settings. Give a brief glance at below to know what you have to input inside the respective fields:
- User Information: Under the “User Information” section, you need to enter the following details:
- Your Name:In this specific text field, enter your full name
- Email Address:Enter your complete CenturyLink Email Address
- Server Information: Under this “Server Information” section, you need to enter the following details:
- Account Type:Select the “POP3” protocol by clicking on the drop-down button.
- Incoming Mail Server: centurylink.net
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP):centurylink.net
- NOTE: Incoming/Outgoing Mail Server slightly differs according to your location.
- Logon Information: Inside the “Logon Information” section, provide the following details:
- User Name:Enter your CenturyLink Email account username
- Password:Enter the CenturyLink Email Account’s Password
- Place a check-mark to the “Remember Password” checkbox to let Outlook remember your password.
- Also, you have to place a tick-mark on the next checkbox that states “Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)”
- After entering all these details respectively, hit a click on the “More Settings…” tab.
Step 8: Choose “Outgoing Server”
When you are in the “More Settings” window, perform the following:
- First, place a click on the “Outgoing Server” tab.
- Now, check-mark the checkbox that states “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.”
- Also, click on the radio button in front of the statement saying “Use same settings as my incoming mail server.”
Step 9: Select “Log on using”
Selecting the “Log on using” option is somehow optional. So, in spite of selecting the “Use same settings as my incoming mail server,” you can select the “Log on Using” option. Just give a tap on the radio button to choose this option.
- Username:Enter your complete CenturyLink email account’s username
- Password: Type the correct password of your CenturyLink email account
- Remember Password:Place a checkmark on the “Remember Password” checkbox
- Require Secure Password Authentication:Place a checkmark on this checkbox to select it.
Step 10: Click The “Advanced” Tab
After filling up the required details and selecting the desired option for CenturyLink Email Settings, here’s what to perform:
- First, hit a click on the “Advanced” tab.
- Thereafter, select the “Server Port Numbers” tab and then input the POP3 server setting details. Fill up the following given text-fields accordingly:
- Incoming Server (POP3):In this text field, enter 995
- This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL): Click on the checkbox to select it.
- Outgoing Server (SMTP):In this text field, enter 465 or 587
- Use the following type of encrypted connection:Select “SSL” from the drop-down menu
- Leave a copy of messages on the server:It is optional, so if you intend to access your email from multiple locations, tick-mark the checkbox just next to the “Leave a copy of messages on the server” option. Otherwise, you can leave it unchecked so that Outlook will remove the CenturyLink Email from the server just after downloading them.
- Press the “OK” tab.
Step 11: Click The “Test Account Settings…” Tab
- Now, in order to get back to your previous window, hit the “OK” button.
- Thereafter, hit a single click on the “Test Account Settings” button.
- And then, simply press the “Next” button to verify whether the Centurylink Email Settings For Outlook has been configured properly or not.
Step 12: Click “Finish”
- Now, after it is confirmed that you have accurately set up your CenturyLink email on Outlook, click the “Finish” tab.
- That’s all! Finally, you have completed the setup process.
- Now, you can log in to your CenturyLink webmail account using an Outlook email client.
- Hence, access the email account and enjoy the new rich feeling.
For One-Stop Additional Support Dial 24/7 Live Helpline Number
We just hope that you find the aforesaid guidance much effective and fruitful. Finally, you might have an idea regarding configuring your centurylink email settings for outlook. We have tried hard to proffer you all the necessary procedures to efficiently set up a CenturyLink Email account. If you have any doubts, feel free to reach out to our dexterous techies via a 24/7 Live Chat Support Number. Our experienced and dedicated team is ready round the clock to answer all your questions in just a couple of seconds. We believe in achieving great customer satisfaction so contact us anytime for any help & technical support.
Read Also – Centurylink Email Settings For Outlook