BTinternet is a popular telecommunication enterprise. It’s the biggest provider of webmail in the UK. It offers many functionalities to its users. BTinternet supports both SMTP and IMAP. It means that the users don’t have to use the webmail interface of BTinternet. You can access your email and exchange messages via other email programs like Outlook Express. But for that, you must know the right btinternet email settings for outlook. Desktop email applications like Outlook can enhance your workflow. They provide the user with more options, and the email is also available to you when you are offline. In this article, you’ll find the right email settings with which you can configure your BTinternet email on Outlook.
Some Essential Points to Know before Configuring BTinternet Email Settings
To set up your BTinternet email on Outlook on your computer or laptop, you must be aware of specific points. Check that you know the things mentioned below.
- Your username or BTinternet email address.
- You must also know your BTinternet email password to set up the email on Outlook.
- The device you have.
- The application you are using. In this case, it is Outlook.
- The incoming and outgoing server settings for BTinternet email service.
How to Setup BTinternet on Outlook?
You can add BTinternet to Outlook by configuring the IMAP and POP server settings. These are the protocols that enable users to download their email messages to their PC or device. You can find out if you are using POP or IMAP by opening your email program. Highlight the email account for which you want to find out about. Then, open its settings. Check whether the Mail Server ‘type’ is set to POP or IMAP.
Follow this stepwise process to configure BTInternet Outlook settings.
- Launch MS Outlook. Then navigate to ‘File’ and choose the ‘Add Account’ option.
- Specify the BT email name and your email address.
- Click ‘Let me setup my account manually’ and tap the ‘Connect’ option.
- Select ‘POP/IMAP’ settings for IMAP. Now fill in the details below.
IMAP settings for the BTinternet email
- BTinternet.com is the incoming mail server name.
- 993 is the incoming port number.
- BTinternet.com is the name of the outgoing mail server.
- 587 is the outgoing port number.
POP settings for the BTinternet email
- The name of the incoming POP3 email server is mail.BTinternet.com.
- 110 is the port number.
- The name of the outgoing email is mail.BTinternet.com.
- 587 is the SMTP port number.
- Fill in all the necessary details of the incoming server and port number. After that, define the SMTP server and port number. After all, these things, tap ‘Next.’
- Input your password and link BT mail account.
That’s it; you have successfully configured BTinternet email settings Outlook. Now you can use your mail account on the Outlook email client on your PC.
It is easy to configure BTinternet email settings for Outlook. You just need to know the right incoming and outgoing server details. In its absence, you cannot configure it correctly. If you face any difficulties following the process mentioned in this article, feel free to connect with Outlook customer support services.
Read Also – BTinternet Email Settings For Iphone