Embarqmail.com gives IMAP access to the user’s Embarqmail.com account. With it, you can link to your email from your smartphone and desktop email clients. Embarqmail.com supports SMTP/IMAP, so you don’t have to utilize the webmail interface of Embarqmail.com.
You can access your email via other email programs like Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird, or Apple Mail. But for accessing your email account of Embarqmail from a desktop email program, you’ll require the SMTP and IMAP settings. Many users find it challenging to configure Embarqmail email settings iPhone. You don’t have to worry about it now. In this article, you’ll learn how to set it up correctly.
The Process for Configuring Embarqmail Email Settings iPhone
The iPhone setup of Embarqmail mail is quite straightforward. But you need to ensure that you are entering the correct mail server setting details. Follow these steps to use your Embarqmail mail on your iPhone.
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ of your iPhone.
- Scroll and find the option of ‘Mail Contact and Calendars.’
- Below the iCloud tag, you’ll find the option of ‘Add Account.’ Choose it.
- Now select ‘Add Mail Account.’ After that, input the details as follows:
|1. Input your name beside its field.|
|2. Input your email address in front of the username.|
|3. Input your Embarqmail.com password in front of its field.|
|4. There’s no need to write any description.|
- Click the button ‘Next.’
- Select ‘IMAP’ below the incoming mail server and enter the details given below.
|1. Mail.centurylinl.net is the hostname.|
|2. The username is your complete email address.|
|3. Enter your Embarqmail.com password in front of its field.|
- You’ll now need to add some details under the outgoing mail server. These details are as follows:
|1. Smtp.centurylink.net is the hostname.|
|2. Enter your complete email address beside the field of username.|
|3. Input your account password in front of its field.|
|4. Tap the button of ‘Save.’|
- Navigate to ‘Settings.’ From there, go to Embarqmail account and then to ‘Advanced.’ Once there, fill in the following details below incoming settings:
|1. Use SSL is yes.|
|2. For authentication, type in your password.|
|3. 993 is the incoming server port number.|
- Now you need to fill in specific details below the outgoing settings. These include the following.
|1. Use SSL is yes.|
|2. For authentication, enter your full password.|
|3. 587 is the outgoing server port number.|
That’s it. The process of setting up Embarqmail on iPhone is finished. You can now receive and send emails on your iPhone wherever you are.
This article would have clarified all your doubts about the Embarqmail email settings iPhone. Now you can easily set up your Embarqmail account on your smartphone and access your mails. But don’t worry if you cannot follow the instructions in setting your account. You can connect with professional Embarqmail customer service staff anytime you want.
Read Also – setting up embarqmail on outlook